Friday, April 21, 2006

You fill up my senses...

Today I thought I'd head into the big smoke, and spend up large with my Kircaldies voucher. But when it came time to drive in, I had a change of heart. Lower Hutt is so darned easy with all the free parking and attractive young people on holidays. So I went to Westgate.

Bananas in Pyjamas were performing when we got inside, which was bloody good actually. When you're feeling vaguely guilty that the only 'fun' activities you have planned for your kids are a trip to Woolworths, anything aimed at the chidlers is welcome distraction.

After that we headed for the Warehouse, and scored heaps of native plants for $5 and Cranium too. We then sat down and had some sushi and chocolate - which was a bit rich of me, as I'd been all quietly disapproving of another woman feeding her tribe happy meals.

And then went and got the new Luke Buda cd. I feel all kind of shopped out, and satisfied. And I didn't have to leave the valley.

Sweet.

4 Comments:

At 2:00 pm, Blogger llew said...

You can never leave the Valley.

Well, you can I suppose, but the Valley never leaves you...

 
At 2:01 pm, Blogger Martha Craig said...

Ebay!

 
At 2:01 pm, Blogger Martha Craig said...

Anne, if you like you can write a shopping post for us. Go on, be a sport.

 
At 3:50 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Petone is definitely a unique experience.... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home