Saturday, April 29, 2006

Carnies

Oops, better late than never I suppose.

We went to the Weber Brothers Circus today at Avalon Park. I've never been to the circus, so didn't really know what to expect. I was bloody impressed. Obviously not high art, but a good solid show with high wire, hula hoops, strong men (eye candy), shark, mermaid, trapeze, clowns and clapping, hot dogs, chips... all the good stuff.

They've only got 3 more shows in Lower Hutt, but they are well worth checking out. The kids loved it. $59 for the four of us seemed like pretty good value. It was a good 2 hours long (including intermission - remember that?).

There were no poor exotic animals, just some nice bulldogs who seemed to be enjoying themselves (relaxed enough to take a whizz on stage). Remarkably little camel toe to be seen, which I rate highly. Go on, Google it. You know you want to.

1 Comments:

At 11:49 am, Blogger Martha Craig said...

I was a bit scandalised that they can just live in a public park. Why didn't they set up at the Hutt Park raceway and stay at the camping ground like everyone else?

Nice park actually, I've never been there before.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home